WEEK BY WEEK OUTLINE
WEEK 1 - Introduction and spine rigging
- Introduction & welcome What makes an advance rig?
- Tidiness is key, lets make a hierarchy
- Place all base joints first and understand why
- Learn a proper naming convention Make a global controller
- Set up the spine joints and talk about advanced and normal spine
WEEK 2 - Limbs Arms and Legs
- Illustrate the theory of blending joints
- Replace leg joints and make sure they sit correctly
- Understanding the nodes used for IKFK Blending
- Legs IKFK & Arms IKFK
WEEK 3 - Foot and Fingers
- Placing Joints - talk about good and bad practise
- Make FK Fingers
- Understanding Nodes
- Make Custom Attributes (Bend, Twist, Side, Spread, Fist)
- Set up foot rolls and pivots
WEEK 4 - Basic Head Set up (Not Face Rigging)
- Place neck, head, jaw, eye and ear joints
- Make The FK Controls
- Understanding Aim Constraints for head and eyes
- Adding Clavicles
- Clean Up Hierarchy
WEEK 5 - Block Skinning and Pitfalls
- Modelling Low-polygon cage
- Blocking in our base skinning,
- Talk about pitfalls layered joints and common mistakes
- Why do we bock weights?
WEEK 6 - Upgrading 1
- Lower Limbs Twist Chains
- Learn how to read angles
- Bendy limbs
- Squash and stretch limbs
- Space switches and props
WEEK 7 - Upgrading 2
- Simple Head Squash / Stretch + adding Eyelids
- Painting Bendy Skin Joint Influences
- Copying Weights From Full Body Cage To High Model
- Add Corrective Blendshapes
- Understanding Angle Between Node
WEEK 8 - Finalising The Character
- Correcting Common Mistakes
- Stretchy Spine
- Neutralise and Combine Corrective Shapes
- Auto Polevector Movement
- Clean Up For Animators
WHAT SETS THIS COURSE APART?
Most online courses are being held by industry tested skilled veterans. But a good computer graphic artist does not necessary make a good instructor. I have worked as a teacher to simulating and rigging on mega film productions like Warcraft, Avengers and Star Wars, so I know a thing or two about what works and what does not.
Requirements To Enter
- You need no prior exerience with Rigging - but if you have non, be prepared to work hard!
- It is recommended you have some basic experience with Maya 2015 and up.
- The course is held in Maya 2017 - Stuent version will do just fine and Can Be Picked Up Here
- Sublime Text 2.0 or 3.0 Will be used Occasionally - Download Link For Sublime Is Provided Here
(you can use Maya's native editor if you wish, its not recommended though)
You are also very welcome to contact us if you are in doubt weather you meet the skill level or not required to not only enjoy but also learn from this course. The worst thing that can happen is that you wont learn anything and your money is wasted - so please do not hesitate to ask and we will have a closer look at your work.
What Will Be Provided
This course first and foremost provides the video training introducing you to proper rigging practices. A free character will be provided in the course for you to rig so you have a solid base to start from. The character has been rigged before and presents a good amount of challenges for a beginner to intermediate aspiring rigger.
What If I Want To Use My Own Character?
Sure go ahead! But be sure your topology is good enough! If you are in doubt weather your characters topology is ready for a rig like this feel free to hit the contact button on this page and I will take a look at your model and give you some feedback.
Pricing & Enrolment Options
The Course is now available for purchase a 69 Dollars. You receive the full video course clocking in at almost 20 hours of material. Included the price you gain access to all files the course offers, all work files and all scripted files. Everything will be available for download once payment has gone through. There are no enrolment anymore and the course will be fully available for you to control your own learning speed.